We're not home today. Up in Indy as mentioned in previous post. But today is our 12th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to take a minute to honor the day here on my blog.
I consider myself blessed beyond measure to be on this journey of life with my dearest friend and the love of my heart and life. There are so many things that I specifically appreciate about Derek. I thought I would jot a few of them down and share them with you.
1. Derek makes me laugh. I LOVE it that we can still have so much fun together after all this time. He's a funny guy to pretty much anyone who knows him, but he's especially funny to me!
2. I love the way he is "steady on" through thick and thin. He can calm me down and help me re-focus at times when I need it most.
3. I love that he still puts his arm around me in church. Yeah, that one sounds a little silly maybe, but sometimes I look around our congregation and see almost no other couple sitting that way! So I love it that I can still snuggle in up close to my man.
4. I love Derek's focus on the eternal and spiritual warfare side of life. He helps bring perspective to me and to our children as he regularly reminds us of truths that are easy to forget in this temporal world. He prays every day, and leads the children to pray, that "God will raise up the righteous and tear down the wicked." This shift in perspective has been good for me.
5. I love Derek's tenderness toward the needs and hurts of others. I don't want to embarrass him here, but I would be leaving out a biggie if I didn't say that his readiness to shed a tear for pain in others' lives or just when the presence of God is close is something that melts my heart every time.
I could go on with many other things, like the cute dimple in his right cheek, how amazing he is to help out around the house, etc., but I will leave it at this for now.
Yes, it's our anniversary. I love my husband more today than I did last year or even the day I married him. And if I had it to do over again, I would in a heartbeat. I love you, Babe!