Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another Day at the Gym

I start this post with a *sigh*. Can you hear it? I've done a lot of sigh-ing lately. I remember learning at some point in my journey that spiritual maturity is achieved through building spiritual "muscle". As with our physical bodies, muscle toning and building is never accomplished through easy means...so it is with our spiritual lives.

Though my physical body is in desperate need of it as well, it's my spiritual muscles that are being worked out and toned up these days. Self-control, humility, patience, slow to anger, slow to SPEAK......whew! It's exhausting! And I'm exhausted.

I have a long way to go toward Christian maturity. Thankful God's not finished with me yet.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm pretty tired of the gym too...sometimes I think I'm buff enough! Good thoughts, Tara!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

I think mine's a lifetime contract!! (whew!) I like your analogy. Hope your day goes well!

Julia said...

Ah yes, I know that gym well. Exhausting and worth it...but still exhausting. You are not alone my friend. My hubby left me this note the other morning..it encouraged me, hope it does the same for you....

Julia,
Remember who is the Bread of Life, feel the burn and stuff yourself....

Kim M. said...

Completely relating here myself :-)