Thursday, January 3, 2008

Out with the old...in with the New

This is a minor entry simply for the sake of posting a new entry. There will be no earth-shattering news or life-changing observations. Despite the fact that we closed out '07 in the midst of still-more sickness, and ushered in '08 with same said ickiness...I am still optimisitic about the coming year.

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season, best we could. Even tried to celebrate and have some fun on New Year's Eve, bless my poor sick hubby's heart. (at some point during the season, I immensely enjoyed reading and identifying with Jenny's post on things she learned. So sad but true!) The kids have been enjoying all their new toys and duds. Finally got the tree down and out to the curb. Hoping to be healthy and well enough to start back to school next week. And looking forward to the clean slate, fresh start that a new year brings with it. I'm not big on the whole "resolution" concept. Not against it....just know myself and my penchant for self-sabotage. Derek and I are focusing on some financial planning goals this year. And I hope to implement a better household managing schedule. And that's it. If I wrote down every area that needs an over-haul and RESOLVED to change it in 2008, I would just be setting myself up for failure. So....best of luck and well-wishes to all you "resolut-ers" out there!!! More power to ya!~

My little brain is racing with some blogging topics that I'm itchin' to get at. So maybe in the days ahead there will be time for that.

Happy New Year to ALL!

May God bless you and keep you.
May He make His face to shine upon you.
The Lord be gracious unto you,
And give you PEACE!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Glad you posted friend. SO sorry your fam is sick though. You are amazing to have the tree down. Who needs resolutions when they're with it enough to get the tree down while sickness is roaming about? You go girl! (can you tell my tree is still up?)

Jody J said...

I hope you all are feeling better. What a way to start out the new year! We spent New Year's Eve at a watch-night service with the Singing Friends. Watch-night services just aren't the same with three kids! Oh, well, we made it through and it was fun!
My wonderful sister called December 27th and said she would help me take down my tree. I sure couldn't pass up the help! If she hadn't have done that, mine might still be up!

Kimberly said...

Of course my tree must stay up til after Ephiphany (do you detect an excuse?!:)

I'm not so into resolutions, either..who needs more guilt?:)
Love Ya!

jenny said...

*HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS*

I feel your pain, sister!!

We are down to only one sick...but lil' Isaac has double ear infections and pink eye (that hopefully doesn't start another round of the plagues).

My trees are both up...I keep turning off the lights to at least hopefully let the neighbors know we are moving towards taking it down...only to have Tom come home and plug em in first thing when he walks in the door.

We are on the same wavelength...I have no resolutions yet (just lots of jumbled thoughts and intentions rumbling around) but am working on financial goals and household management, too. Will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've missed hearing from you!! And, I will be praying the kids feel better soon.